Friday, October 06, 2006

wahh very very tired sia! wat a super long day -.- had nap.. haha.. can u imagine?! me?! having nap?! lol! =X but is a accident nap la lol~ was watchin naruto thn suddenly i'm dreaming le.. lol.. thn when i wake up i continue watch cos my lappie was on my lap and i'm lying down on my bed lol!! thn i watch le i tink "eh how come i catch no ball sia?!" lol! thn i realise i miss one big chunk zzzzzzz

anyway i forgot to do my RJ sia lol! but submitted thru email juz now.. mad one! my RJ is mad mad mad! it's about math la.. but is SIAO ONE!!! i've never done a RJ tat need to do research one.. and i never had to use my brain to do a RJ.. kaos! ok anyway naruto.. haha.. i'm at episode 105 le! whee~ fast rite.. wahaha! actually dunnow at to blog bout.. but juz noe that my whole body's aching like MAD! lol!

cos of ytd gin's class ZzZz.. shiok thou hehe~ thn today nua whole day.. thn go home straight after sch.. lol~ i'm so looking forward to chingay and countdown la XD woohoo~ mix some song in class.. stil abit buang ar =X but i'll try again tml.. hehe.. tml's lesson slack la.. lol~ (i hope) hehe~ ok gonna post my MAD RJ here.. haha~ actually i also anyhow bomb one.. lol =X nvm la.. anyhow better thn nv do rite? lol~

RJ:This distribution is called Poisson distribution. Find out for me what is and let me know how it is related to our problem.

I only have a little bit idea on what today’s lesson is about.. I know it has got to do with probability and the (1-1/n)^n (I forgot what it is called I lost my notes as my com got hang) so I try my best to link this thing up and to see if my understanding of the poisson distribution is right or not..

From researching on net, this is the definition that I found for Poisson distribution.

It expresses the probability of a NUMBER OF EVENTS occurring in a FIXED period of time if these events occur with a known average rate, and are independent of the time since the last event.

And this is what I found as well.. and I guess that lambda is the (1-1/n)^n..
The Poisson distribution is determined by one parameter, lambda. The distribution function for the Poisson distribution is

f(x) = exp(-1*lambda) lambda^x / x!
also can write as
P(x) = µx · e-µ ÷ x!

-λ is a positive real number, equal to the expected number of occurrences that occur during the given interval. For instance, if the events occur on average every 4 minutes, and you are interested in the number of events occurring in a 10 minute interval, you would use as model a Poisson distribution with λ = 2.5.

so I guess that the relation between Poisson distribution and today’s problem is more of the way to find the probability. Eg. For today’s case, to find the probability of number of the fishes that can be caught by 1 patron in 1hour.

siao rite?!?!?!?! kaos! @#$%^&* took quite fast to finish it thou lol =X anyway goin to orhorh again le.. very pig today lol =X good nite! oh oh oh! and tml's lantern fest.. whee~ dunno goin where thou.. but am goin to CUBE with dearie to see some comp.. okie dokie.. reali gonna koonz liao.. gd nite!

i have no reason to feel sad..
cos my life's rather complete..
i wil stop dwelling and
stop wishing things would be like last time..
cos.. u've changed..
i'm gonna move on with what i have now..
a gd bf.. gd crews.. gd frens..
cherish more thn ever..