Friday, June 13, 2008

i was trying to slp but the moment i close my eyes tears couldnt help but flow.. i tried praying and hoping God'll fill my empty heart i guess he did =) i felt comforted at least abit.. but i stil couldnt slp.. thus i sat up, on my laptop and try find some stuff to do and was given a link by my darling fairy to read a story.. a reali nice story.. it did bring tears to my eyes like terribly.. but i guess it helps relieve a little bit of heartache.. so here's to share it with you guys =)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was almost Christmas... John is working three shifts to support his family.

Despite of his packed schedules, he would never forget to pop by Justine’s house just to see her for a while before he turns in.

John got to know Justine when they were young. And until now, they were in love with each other.

John comes from a poor family and Justine came from a moderate one.

You have a “Wonderful” relationship, my dear. Said Justine’s father

“Dad”, I’m just in love with him… Nothing else to matter, am I right?

Girl, his bloke… he can’t give you happiness… I can introduce you some rich sons from our company if you want.

“NO”; never. I’m not going to pick anyone else beside him!

Seven days a week, 168 hours. John hardly sleeps for an hour per day.

His family members are worrying for him yet they are unable to do anything for him.

Without any complain he started working at the age of fifteen. And it has been for five years.

John’s dad is a cripple and his mum sews clothes in the factory with low labour-cost.

During his lunch break, he took out his wallet with hangs a picture of him together with Justine.

Glazing at the picture and dreaming of her.

*Ahem*; may I have a closer look at this picture? His supervisor said.

Oh yes sure; he replied.

Supervisor: Hmm… Is she the daughter of Mr. Davidson?

John: Yes… yes she is. Why do you ask that?

Supervisor: Nothing… I can see that both of you are in love and it’s just not a good start.

John: Why? Yes we are in love and deeply in love.

Supervisor: Look at you, what do you have for her? Money, Future or Career?

John: I have a heart being sincere and faithful. And that’s what we need to stand strong!

Supervisor: Young man, get this fact right… There is no true love in the reality… Ok, Get back to work now…

John was thinking of what his supervisor told him in the afternoon.

He suddenly realised that Justine’s birthday is coming. And what she wants is a pair of handmade cotton shoe.

John took out his savings and it is not enough…

Five days left to her birthday, one hundred dollars needed…

Where can he find that sum of money? He ponders.

John: Hey little girl, I’ll meet you at this tree five days later and I’ll get you a surprise alright?

Justine: Why? So we are not able to meet for the rest of the days till Friday?

John: Yes, be strong alright… now go back home. I’m tired and need some rest.

John went to the shop requesting for a negotiation regarding that pair of shoe.

He was being rejected. It is a limited production of shoe and only one in town. The price would not drop but increase every now and then.

The only way for him now is to work four shifts of job which will not allow him to have any sleep at all.

“For her sake, I’ll be strong. For her smile, I’ll be brave, and for her love… I’ll be invincible”.

He kept repeating to himself while working.

He skipped meals just to save the cash and only wait for free meals provided in the night.

He works 4 shifts, one meal per day and no sleep at all.

This is a torture to him, said his fellow workers…

Five days have pass and he head back to the shop with one exhausted look.

It’s sold out… he saw the tag on the window. The pair of shoe is sold out.

John: Sir, May I know who bough the shoes?

Shopkeeper: You were late for a moment young man, that guy wearing a black cardigan and short sleeve shirt bough it away.

John: Thank you so much…

He gave chase towards the man… but his weak… no strength to move on.

He fell down and injured his knees…

Crawling towards the direction of him and he grabbed his legs.

John: Si…r… Could you please sell me that pair of shoe? I’m really interested in this…

Man: Sorry? No. I’m getting it for my daughter.

John: Please, I promised her to give her as a surprise… I really need it…

Man: But why? Who is she related to you.

John: She… is the best lady I’ve ever met. She did not look down on me being poor nor have the time to accompany her… she… even prepare soup for me when I’m working… I’m not going to leave and let her go… and today is her birthday, I beg you…

The man could sense love through john and john started crying as he is afraid that the man would not sell it to him.

Man: Alright, I will sell it to you. And I’ll sell it for ninety bucks.

John: Really…. Thank you so much…

John stood up with his broken knees and thank him.

He walked bristly towards a card shop and wrote something for her.

Being hungry, tired and injured john will collapse any moment but he got to stay strong just to pass the present to her.

While walking down the stairs to the tree, dehydrations kick in.



He loses his balance and fell down from stairs…



At that moment all he could think is Justine… the one he loves most.



And when he reaches the ground floor… the shoe bag were torn and the shoe flew out… All he left for Justine is just the pair of shoe and a piece of letter.



“Dear Justine. I believe that this is the present you would like to have. Right now, I’m glad to hand it to you on your twenty-first birthday.



Lastly, I have to thank you for loving me. I’ve never seen someone being so sweet and lovely like you. What would I do without you? You have never complain about the time I have for you, neither complaining how poor am I. Not able to bring you out for movies, shopping, or even a simple meal I’m unable to treat you.


But don’t you worry, I’ve plans ahead. I’ve decided to work harder just for our future.


Do you believe this is true love? When things don’t appear as simple as it is and when it appears in a way that people do not believe in.


Right now, I’m so glad that you are reading this… My sweetie, happy birthday and I’ll always be there and love you.

Regards
John”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

the original context is taken from http://isolationworld.blogspot.com/


p/s: true love do exist =)